Before Your Waxing Appointment
For best results with your brazilian or betweenie wax, your hair should be approximately ¼” long, which is typically 2 to 3 weeks of growth. If you are waxing for the first time, it is better that you trim the hair slightly with scissors. This will help to make the waxing treatment less painful. (Please do not use trimmers)
Please let us know if you have had any problems with your waxing treatments in the past.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Do avoid the sun and/or tanning beds two days before and after your waxing treatment.
- Do exfoliate the area that is going to be waxed, preferably with a dry loofah or exfoliating gloves one day before your appointment (excluding the face). When exfoliating, use circular movements going against the hair growth. This can help prevent ingrown hairs and make the waxing treatment more effective.
- Do take Ibuprofen or Advil one hour before your waxing treatment to help reduce pain and inflammation (optional). Please consult with a doctor before taking any new medications.
- Do not drink caffeine the day of your waxing treatment.
- Do not apply moisturizer prior to your waxing treatment.
- Do not wax after a Laser Resurfacing or Chemical Peel.
Waxing is safe and effective, and there are very few side effects for most people. However, certain medications and skin types are more susceptible to problems than others, so please consult with a doctor if you have any concerns.
- Please let us know if you are prone to have Gastridious Heart Burn(Gastric Acid). This can change the skins pH level to be more acidic; sometimes resulting in a burn or causing the skin to lift during the waxing process. We recommend that you take an anti-acid 45 minutes prior to your wax treat
ment to help prevent any side effects.
- Please let us know if you are using Accutane*, Retin-A, Gycolic Acid, Renova, Salicylic Acid, Avage, Apricot Scrub, Neutrogena Scrub, Avita, Strivectin, Tazorac, Pro Active, Benzoyl Peroxide, or any other topical or oral medications that may effect the outcome of a waxing treatment.
*We cannot wax you for at least six months after using Accutane.