It is very important to us to provide you with the highest level of service you deserve. We want to make sure you get the best results possible and achieve the full benefits from your waxing services. Please look at the recommendations we have listed below. Please let the Aesthetician know if you have had any prior issues with waxing.
- Hair needs to be ¼” long, which is approximately a minimum of 10 days or more of hair growth.
- If your hair is on the longer side (estimated 3mths or more of growth) you can trim slightly with scissors. Do not use trimmers; this can cause the hair to be too short and uneven; possibly resulting in having to reschedule your appointment to a later date.
- Exfoliate with a dry loofah or exfoliating gloves the day your appointment (excluding the face). When exfoliating, use circular movements going against the hair growth. This can help prevent ingrown hairs and make the waxing treatment more effective
- Taking Ibuprofen or Advil 1 hour before your waxing service can help reduce pain and inflammation. Please consult with a doctor before taking any new medications.
- If it is your first time it can take a little longer and tends be more sensitive.
- Caffeine can make your skin more sensitive pre and post waxing.
- It’s best to stay out of the sun and tanning beds 1-2 days before and after your waxing service.
- If you are getting a bikini wax we provide a disposable thong to wear, unless you prefer to wear your undergarment.
- Wear sunblock after waxing on area’s that may be affected by the sun.
- It’s best not to use products containing alcohol or perfume after facial waxing.
- No exercising for 24 hours after a brazilian, bikini, glutes, chest, or back wax.
- Be careful with what products you apply on area’s that have been waxed.
- Take a luke warm shower or bath if needed; before using hot water wait 24hrs. or until the redness subsides.
- We recommend waiting at least 3 days before exfoliating areas that may be sensitve due to waxing.
- If possible wait to apply deodorant to newly waxed underarms.
Waxing is safe and effective, and there are very few side effects for most people. However, certain medications and skin types are more susceptible to problems than others, so please consult with a doctor if you have any concerns.
- If you are prone to have Gastridious Heart Burn(Gastric Acid). This can change the skins pH level to be more acidic; sometimes resulting in a burn or causing the skin to lift during the waxing process. We recommend that you take an anti-acid 45 minutes prior to your wax treatment to help prevent any side effects.
- It is important to let us know prior to your appointment as well as the Aesthetician performing your service if you are using Accutane*, Retin-A, Tazorac, or any other topical or oral medications. Using certain medications and topical creams or gels may effect the outcome of a waxing service.
- *We cannot wax you if you are on Accutane or for at least six months after using Accutane.